If tomorrow never comes....



The movie 2012 had left a quite a visual impact on me when I last watched it a year ago. Not because it had a terrific special CGI effect, but mainly on issues of Apocalypse. This thought has lingered on since. Argue til Kingdom come as you may, I don't think anyone has any last say in this til it really happens. In fact, in the Bible, it clearly says in Matthew 24 that no one knows the day or the hour. Not angels. Not even Jesus.

Read CNN news today and saw this group of "believers" that are awaiting the Rapture that supposedly will happen tomorrow 21 May 2011. This group that is led by their preacher Camping, are expecting to be taken up to meet Jesus in the sky on this day.

I am a Christian. But if you ask me if this is something that's going to happen? I'd say: God Knows. Literally. Only God Knows. But to predict the day and the hour? I say they are probably gravely mistaken. The passage in Matthews clearly says so. No one knows! So, what makes this preacher Camping so special that God will invalidate His own Words and reveals it only to Him. I seriously doubt so....

So, before you make up your mind to throw caution to the wind, quit your job, sell your house and move to the mountains...consider this: The passage just tells us to be ready. And it's a matter of being right with God if we are going off tangent in our relationship with Him. Consider it a warning. And start living right.

Actually, this "you do not know the day or the hour" suspense is kind of good. Otherwise, we being the smart Alec that we are, will always try to figure God out. Let God be God.

If you are not a Christian and you hold a very different view to this Apocalypse issue, then, you are fully entitled to your own opinion. I am not here to challenge you. Let's be clear about that.

To me, the real challenge is to live my life to the best of my God given ability. Be it in my line of work or family life as a husband and father, or even as a runner. And being passionate about it. Putting in every ounce of my effort and never looking back. Though I can't honestly say that I am there yet, but am certainly giving it my utmost.

Who knows? Even IF you don't see me blogging anymore after tomorrow, you would know that I have "left" .....with NO regrets.

Hmmm, wonder what it's like running in Heaven....

Comments

  1. http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/22/life-goes-on-doomsday-believers-on-the-morning-after/

    I suppose so...I am still here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts